WEIGHT: 9lbs per cubic inch. Engine size MUST be on hood. 602 Crate engines can weigh a minimum of 3000lbs after the race. All other cars 9lbs per CI. We all know if your claiming 355, as most drivers do, your minimum weight will be 3195lbs after the race.
1. Stock production body only. Hoods may be gutted.
2. CID must be displayed on hood at all times. Minimum weight 3000 lbs. 9 lbs per cubic inch.
3. Firewall may be altered for distributor clearance, if neccessary.
4. No engine set back or offset. # 1 spark plug must be even with upper ball joint + or - 1 inch. No cut out holes in firewall.
5. Metal dash allowed.
6. Air cleaner hole allowed in hood.
7. Any bars necessary to insure rigid frame and radiator protection will be permitted behind front and rear bumpers.
8. Stock wheelbase for for car being used + or - 1". TRUCKS ARE ALLOWED, No compacts. Front inner panels optional.
9. Trunk lid may be gutted.
10. Aftermarket nose piece allowed.
11. Sheet metal or aluminum doors allowed 22 or 24 guage only and must have stock bodylines.
12. Stop sign post material allowed between front and rear fenders on side of body to protect sheet metal and paint jobs.
13. Front and rear firewalls must be in stock location.
14. Factory spoilers or sheet metal spoilers no more than 4" taller than the rear edge of the trunk lid, and no wider than rear of car.
15. Stock unaltered floor pan.
16. Front fender wells and hood lining may be removed. Doors may be gutted.
17. The drivers seat must be in front of the leading edge of the door. The door must be in the stock location. This rule applies to two and four door cars.
18. All general and safety rules apply.
1. Stock frame for car body used.
2. Unibodies must connect front and rear with tubing, and may use roll cage to strengthen frame, as long as bars do not extend outside of body.
3. Late model cars must use late model frames.
1. No electric fuel pumps allowed.
2. Fuel cells required.
3. Fuel will be gasoline only, no alcohol and no additives. No octane boosters.
4. Fuel cells may be relocated for safety.
1. Racing type seats required.
2. The seats will be securely fastened.
1. Quick release belt no less than 3" wide is mandatory.
2. Shoulder harness mandatory. This harness must be mounted in at least 5 points below driver's shoulders.
3. Both ends of the belt must be securely fastened to roll cage with quality bolts no less than 3\8" in diameter.
4. Belts shall come from behind the driver.
ENGINE: OPTION # 1
1. Dished or flat top pistons only. Must be GM in GM, Ford in Ford etc.
2. No crossbreeding of parts.
3. Any steel rod.
4. Distributor and ignition system shall be stock or MSD 6AL AND MSD DISTRIBUTOR ARE ALLOWED
5. Street style headers or over the rail headers ok. Any cast or aluminum 2-barrel or 4-barrel intake.
6. No roller cams, no roller lifters, no stud girdles.
7. Any rocker arm allowed.
8. Holley 4412 carburator unaltered. Choke flap can be removed. Maximum 2" spacer and/or adapter only.
9. Maximum intake valve 1.94, maximum exhaust valve 1.50.
10.Aftermarket steel heads ok with 1.260 stock diameter valve springs. Angle plug heads ok., no porting, no polishing.
Screw in studs and guideplates are now allowed on any street stock head.
The spring pockets may be milled to accept the damper stock replace spring 1.260 o.d. No modifications to head.
ENGINE: OPTION # 2
1. 602 GM sealed crate engine, GETS 100 POUND WEIGHT BREAK
CLUTCH, TRANSMISSION AND DRIVE TRAIN:
1. Transmission shall be stock manual or automatic. Transmission must have a working reverse gear.
Bert, Brinn and Falcon Transmission are allowed with 50 lbs. bolted in front of transmission
2. Any working clutch.
3. All cars must have a working starter.
4. Rearends may be locked by welding spider gears.
5. All transmissions must be able to go into forward and reverse gear while motor is running
6. Manual transmission cars shall have a explosion proof bell housing or the transmission tunnel shall be lined with conveyor belt material, minimum 3\8" thick and 18" wide. This material shall be on the under side of transmission tunnel.
1. Must be in stock location as produced by manufacturer. No cross breeding (GM to GM, Ford to Ford etc.)
2. Steel shocks only. Shock must be in stock location. Any shock location on right front only.
3. Right front upper control arm may be reinforced for safety. AFTER MARKET UPPER CONTROL ARMS ALLOWED. LOWERS MUST REMAIN STOCK.
4. Three wheel brakes allowed, brake bias optional.
5. Springs must be stock type minimum 5" in diameter. Racing springs allowed.
6. Weight jack allowed on RIGHT FRONT ONLY.
7. Quick steer ok.
1. Stock as produced by the manufacturer, except rear end housing may be replaced with any 5 or 6 lug rear end.
2. Stock suspension and frame must be retained. No heim ends allowed. No rear jack screws allowed.
3. Shocks must be in stock location. Steel shocks only. No add on traction devices, or modifications of any kind.
4. Adjustable shackles and racing springs allowed. May used Ford 8" or 9" rear end (GM cars included). Coil springs cars are allowed to run adjustable buckets.
5. Rear end may be locked.
6. May use disc brakes.
7. Floating axles ok, axle retainers ok.
WHEELS AND TIRES:
OPTION # 1
1. Maximum overall tire width 17 1\2" at the tire cross section or widest point. Maximum circumference 92". Tires must pass through hoop. Same as late model.
2. Maximum wheel width 14".
3. Steel or aluminum wheels permitted.
4. No tire softening chemicals allowed.
5. Hoosier 55 or American Racer 56. Numbers must be on tires. Tires must punch 60 or harder.
OPTION # 2
1. EC1 or EC2 McCreary tires on 12" wheels.
2. 11" Towel City recap tires optional on 10" wheels.
3. Large racing lugnuts and reinforced center on wheels recommended.
4. Bead locks wheels allowed.
OPTION # 3
1. 8" wheels with DOT street tires or G-60 MODIFIED TIRES, NO MUD GRIPS. Added for 2013 TIRES: added the H500 and Asphalt pull offs(Pull Offs must be approved by HMP... NO NEW asphalt tires will be allowed.) EC's may run Steel or Aluminum wheels 12" MAXIMUM.. No 14" wheels with EC's allowed!!